Windows HostingLast Updated 9/16/2019
Welcome to WindowsHostingASP.NET - the Ultimate ASP.NET Hosting Resource since 2007!
As the largest free ASP.NET Web Hosting Portal our mission is to provide useful free Windows Server hosting information, which helps developers and business owners to find valuable solutions and reliable services.
Are you looking for the best ASP.NET Web Hosting?
Your search is over!
Do not lose MONEY and TIME and find the best Windows Server Hosting for you in Now!
Top 10 reasons to host with our Top providers recommended list:
- Services tested by WindowsHostingASP.NET
- Microsoft-Recognized Companies
- Strong Customer Testimonials
- 24x7 Phone & Email Support
- 99.9+% Uptime Guarantee
- Award-Winning Solutions
- Latest technologies
- The Best Prices
- Money Back Guarantee
Find the right Provider
Many people ask us how to choose the right provider. Next, you will find some of the most important tips when you are looking for it.
Why do you look for a new commercial Windows Web Host? Because you have created your new website, because you are not happy with your recent company, because you would like to upgrade (need more resources) your recent services, or because you want to start a small Hosting business.
In all of the above reasons what will be the best solution for you? It will give you the opportunity to focus on your main business, to provide better services for your web site visitors/customers, to have a better company Image, because fast and reliable provider means stable and serious website, and it could also create an advantage over your competitors. Otherwise, if you choose to use poor services, it could be catastrophic for your business and you could also lose time and money to move your website to a new place and pay for new services.
There are many companies that offer different types of services and technologies, but essential for the Customer is the value of these services, which means that the Web Host should best suit all of his requirements!
Every Host has advantages and disadvantages. Some companies offer better Shared or Dedicated Hosting, others have excellent support or better prices. So remember that if some provider is the best for your requirements, it could be not for somebody else!
Top Providers List
Do you belive that there are top 10 companies?
You will not find top 10 providers in our recommended list, because our experience shows that there are not so many quality companies. Our list is created for the .NET community, to help finding quality services and solutions.
The inclusion in the Top Providers List is not a right but privilege. Not every Web Host could be listed there.
All of the listed companies are rated and tested by our experienced webmasters team. The evaluation process usually takes 2 to 4 weeks.
To keep the quality of the list only the best Web Hosts will be published. The place in the best providers list is not guaranteed! The company which reduces the quality of the service will be excluded.
Compare the robust plans to see which one is right for you.
|Windows Web Hosting Plans|
What is ASP.NET Web Hosting?
It is a type of a service that allows individuals and business owners to provide their own website accessible via the Internet.
Depending on the purpose there are business, eCommerce, personal and developer .NET hosting. Business Web hosting is targeting the (small) business needs and is used to host business oriented sites. It also could require SQL database support. eCommerce Web hosting is targeting the people which would like to sell products or services online and is used to host online stores. It usually require SQL/Access database support, SSL (https) support and some third parties software as shopping carts. Personal Web hosting is targeting the people which would like to have personal web presence in Internet, and is used to host small personal or blog websites. It could require SQL database support, as well as third party blogging software support as WordPress. Developer Web hosting is targeting the developers and is used to host new or beta projects in live environment. It usually require support of the latest and beta technologies, SQL database support, some third party projects management software and also TFS support.
How to start using ASP.NET Web hosting?
It’s very easy! First, you should open an account with a Host which provides Windows Web hosting. Usually the sign up process could be done in 3 easy steps which could be in different order. In the first step you should choose to use existing domain name (which you already purchased) or register a new domain name to use with your account. In the second step you should set your account info as username and password, billing period - monthly or annual, depending on the billing period you could received some price discount, after that you could choose the Windows Web server version and if the company supports different locations (USA, Canada, Europe), to choose the appropriate datacenter. In the third step you should provide your contact and payment information. Most providers accept Paypal as well as credit card payments. When you enter the payment information make sure that the connection is over HTTPS, so your data is protected and encrypted. If the connection is not HTTPS then do not enter any info but contact the company and request a secured method to send your info to them.
After you finish all the required steps in the signup process you will receive a welcome message with your account server and logging info. It usually takes some time (between 5-10 minutes) before your account is ready to be used.
Congratulations, you already have a new Web hosting account!
Now it is time to point your domain name to your hosting server. It could be done in 2 ways, the first is to create a new A/CNAME records in your domain name settings, and the second is to set the DNS servers which to resolved your domain. This is also done via the domain name settings and you will receive the company DNS servers in your welcome email. It could take couple of hours before the DNS data is updated and you can access your site by using your domain name, be example windowshostingasp.net.
Every business needs corporate emails, so you can easily create your emails in your control panel, in the emails section. If you set to use the hosting company DNS servers you should just create your emails and start using them. If you created A/CNAME records manually you should also add new MX records in the domain name settings.
You could easily change the ASP.NET version with the provided control panel. Usually you can host the latest version applications as well as the older .NET versions sites. You could also create and manage databases as MS SQL or MySQL. There is a section in which you can find your website access logs and statistics. And finally you can easily install different add-ons as blogs, forums, shopping carts etc... which is supported by your provider. If your site is ecommerce related then you will need to install SSL certificate, which you can buy from certificate authority company or your provider. To install SSL certificate you will need also to purchase a dedicated IP address.
The final step is to deploy your website on the server. This could be made via Visual Studio or FTP client. This could be also done and via File Manager in your control panel. You should also install your SQL server database using the Sql Server Database Publishing Wizard. Some providers do not allow direct remote SQL server access, so you should use the control panel to deploy your SQL server database.
That is it, now you can start using your Windows Web hosting!
The latest Forums posts
Features and Tools
- ASP.NET - it is a free technology that allows programmers to create dynamic web applications. It can be used to create anything from small, personal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications. All you need to get started is the free .NET Framework, the free Visual Web Developer and affordable and reliable .NET hosting provider. The most recent .NET Framework version is ASP.NET Core.
- Windows Server is a group of server operating systems designed by Microsoft. Previous versions have focused on stability, security, networking, and various improvements to the file system. Other improvements also have included improvements to deployment technologies, as well as increased hardware support. Windows 2016 Server is the latest release, and has a variety of new features, including Active Directory Federation Services, Windows Defender, Remote Desktop Services, Storage Services, Failover Clustering, Web Application Proxy, IIS 10, Windows PowerShell 5.1 and Server Containers.
- Internet Information Services (IIS, formerly Internet Information Server) is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with Windows Server family. IIS supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP. Almost every version of IIS was released either alongside or with a version of Microsoft Windows. The latest IIS is IIS 10, which is included in Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10. This version includes support for HTTP/2.
- Microsoft Hyper-V, formerly known as Windows Server Virtualization, is a native hypervisor; it can create virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows. Starting with Windows 8, Hyper-V supersedes Windows Virtual PC as the hardware virtualization component of the client editions of Windows NT. A server computer running Hyper-V can be configured to expose individual virtual machines to one or more networks.
- MVC - it is a Model-view-controller framework which Microsoft added to .NET. It allows software developers to build a Web application as a composition of three roles: Model, View and Controller. The latest version is MVC Core.
- AJAX - it is a set of extensions to .NET developed by Microsoft for implementing Ajax functionality. It is released under the Microsoft Public License.
- Silverlight - it is a programmable web browser plugin that enables features such as animation, vector graphics and audio-video playback that characterize rich Internet applications.
- WebMatrix - it is a Microsoft web development tool that includes everything you need for your website development. Start from open source web applications, built-in web templates or just start writing code yourself.
- LightSwitch - it is a simplified self-service development tool that enables you to build business applications quickly and easily.
- Visial Studio - it is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop console and graphical user interface applications along with Windows Forms applications, web sites, web applications, and web services in both native code together with managed code for all platforms supported by Microsoft Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework and Microsoft Silverlight. The latest version is Visual Studio 2017, which Community edition is free, fully-featured IDE for students, open-source and individual developers.
- SQL Server - it is a relational database management system (RDBMS) produced by Microsoft. Its primary query language is Transact-SQL, an implementation of the ANSI/ISO standard Structured Query Language (SQL) used by both Microsoft and Sybase. The most recent SQL version is SQL Server 2016.
- MS Access - it is a relational database management system from Microsoft which combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software development tools.