Windows HostingLast Updated 11/24/2017
Welcome to WindowsHostingASP.NET - the Ultimate ASP.NET Hosting Resource since 2007!
As the largest free ASP.NET Web Hosting Portal our mission is to provide useful free Windows hosting information, which helps developers and business owners to find valuable solutions and reliable Web hosting services.
Top ASP.NET Hosting providers
Are you looking for the best ASP.NET Web Hosting?
Your Best Hosting search is over!
Do not lose MONEY and TIME and find the best Windows Hosting for you in Now!
|Top Hosting Providers|
Top 10 reasons to host with our Top .NET Hosting providers recommended list:
- .NET Hosting Services tested by WindowsHostingASP.NET
- Microsoft-Recognized .NET Hosting Companies
- Award-Winning .NET Hosting Solutions
- Latest .NET Hosting technologies
- The best .NET Hosting Prices
- Strong Customer Testimonials
- 24x7 Phone & Email Support
- 99.9+% Uptime Guarantee
- Money Back Guarantee
Find the right ASP.NET Hosting provider
Many people ask us how to choose the best Hosting provider. Next, you will find some of the most important tips when you are looking for the best Web Hosting provider.
Why do you look for a new commercial Windows Web Hosting Provider? Because you have created your new website, because you are not happy with your recent Hosting company, because you would like to upgrade (need more resources) your recent Web hosting services, or because you want to start a small Hosting business.
In all of the above reasons what will be the best Windows host for you? The best Hosting will give you the opportunity to focus on your main business, to provide better services for your web site visitors/customers, to have a better company Image, because fast and reliable Web hosting means stable and serious website, and it could also create an advantage over your competitors. Otherwise, if you choose poor Web hosting services could be catastrophic for your business and you could also lose time and money to move your website to a new Web host and pay for new hosting services.
There are many .NET hosting companies that offer different types of Web hosting services and technologies, but essential for the Customer is the value of these services, which means that the Web Host should best suit all of his requirements!
Every Host has advantages and disadvantages. Some companies offer better Shared or Dedicated Hosting, others have excellent support or better prices. So remember that if some Hosting provider is the best for your requirements, it could be not for somebody else!
Top ASP.NET Hosting Providers List
Do you belive that there are top 10 .NET Web hosting companies?
You will not find top 10 best Hosting providers in our recommended list, because our experience shows that there are not so many quality Web hosting companies. Our best Web hosting providers list is created for the .NET community, to help finding quality hosting services and solutions.
The inclusion in the Top Hosting Providers List is not a right but privilege. Not every Web Host could be listed there.
All of listed the best Hosting companies are rated and tested by our experienced webmasters team. The evaluation process usually takes 2 to 4 weeks.
To keep the quality of the list only the best Web Hosts will be published. The place in the best Hosting providers list is not guaranteed! The company which reduces the quality of the service will be excluded.
ASP.NET Hosting Plans
Compare the robust Web Hosting Plans to see which one is right for you.
|Windows Web Hosting Plans|
All Windows Web Hosting accounts include
What is ASP.NET Web Hosting?
It is a type of Internet service that allows individuals and business owners to provide their own website accessible via the Inernet.
Depending on the web hosting purpose there are business, eCommerce, personal and developer .NET hosting. Business Web hosting is targeting the (small) business needs and is used to host Companies or business oriented sites. Business hosting also could require SQL database support. eCommerce Web hosting is targeting the people which would like to sell products or services online and is used to host online stores. eCommerce hosting usually require SQL/Access database support, SSL (https) support and some third parties software as shopping carts. Personal Web hosting is targeting the people which would like to have personal web presence in Internet, and is used to host small personal or blog websites. Personal hosting could require SQL database support, as well as third party blogging software support as WordPress. Developer Web hosting is targeting the developers and is used to host new or beta projects in live environment. Developer hosting usually require support of the latest and beta technologies, SQL database support, some third party projects management software and also TFS support.
How to start using ASP.NET Web hosting?
It’s very easy! First, you should open an account with a Web Host which provides Windows Web hosting. Usually the sign up process could be done in 3 easy steps which could be in different order. In the first step you should choose to use existing domain name (which you already purchased) or register a new domain name to use with your hosting account. In the second step you should set your account info as username and password, billing period - monthly or annual, depending on the billing period you could received some price discount, after that you could choose the Windows Web server version and if the hosting company supports different locations (USA, Canada, Europe) the hosting location datacenter. In the third step you should provide your contact and payment information. Most hosting providers accept Paypal as well as credit card payments. When you enter the payment information make sure that the connection is over HTTPS, so your data is protected and encrypted. If the connection is not HTTPS then do not enter any info but contact the hosting company and request a secured method to send your info to them.
After you finish all the required steps in the signup process you will receive a welcome message with your account server and logging info. It usually takes some time (between 5-10 minutes) before your account is ready to be used.
Congratulations, you already have a new Web hosting account!
Now it is time to point your domain name to your hosting server. It could be done in 2 ways, the first is to create a new A/CNAME records in your domain name settings, and the second is to set the DNS servers which to resolved your domain. This is also done via the domain name settings and you will receive the hosting company DNS servers in your welcome email. It could take couple of hours before the DNS data is updated and you can access your site by using your domain name, i.e. www.yourdomainname.com.
Every business needs corporate emails as yourname- @yourdomainname.com, so you can easily create your emails in your hosting control panel, in the emails section. If you set to use the hosting company DNS servers you should just create your emails and start using them. If you created A/CNAME records manually you should also add new MX records in the domain name settings.
You could easily change the ASP.NET version with the provided hosting control panel. Usually you can host the latest version applications as well as the older .NET versions sites. You could also create and manage databases as MS SQL or MySQL. There is a section in which you can find your website access logs and statistics. And finally you can easily install different add-ons as blogs, forums, shopping carts etc... which is supported by your hosting provider. If your site is ecommerce related then you will need to install SSL certificate, which you can buy from certificate authority company or your hosting provider. To install SSL certificate you will need also to purchase a dedicated IP address.
The final step is to deploy your website on the server. This could be made via Visual Studio or FTP client. This could be also done and via File Manager in your hosting control panel. You should also install your SQL server database using the Sql Server Database Publishing Wizard. Some hosting providers do not allow direct remote SQL server access, so you should use the hosting control panel to deploy your SQL server database.
That is it, now you can start using your Windows Web hosting!
Web Hosting Forums
You could find answers of your .NET Hosting questions, or help others if you are Web Hosting Guru in our forums:
The latest Forums posts
Features and Tools
- ASP.NET - it is a free technology that allows programmers to create dynamic web applications. It can be used to create anything from small, personal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications. All you need to get started is the free .NET Framework, the free Visual Web Developer and affordable and reliable .NET hosting provider. The most recent .NET Framework version is ASP.NET Core.
- Windows Server is a group of server operating systems designed by Microsoft. Previous versions have focused on stability, security, networking, and various improvements to the file system. Other improvements also have included improvements to deployment technologies, as well as increased hardware support. Windows 2016 Server is the latest release, and has a variety of new features, including Active Directory Federation Services, Windows Defender, Remote Desktop Services, Storage Services, Failover Clustering, Web Application Proxy, IIS 10, Windows PowerShell 5.1 and Server Containers.
- Internet Information Services (IIS, formerly Internet Information Server) is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with Windows Server family. IIS supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP. Almost every version of IIS was released either alongside or with a version of Microsoft Windows. The latest IIS is IIS 10, which is included in Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10. This version includes support for HTTP/2.
- Microsoft Hyper-V, formerly known as Windows Server Virtualization, is a native hypervisor; it can create virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows. Starting with Windows 8, Hyper-V supersedes Windows Virtual PC as the hardware virtualization component of the client editions of Windows NT. A server computer running Hyper-V can be configured to expose individual virtual machines to one or more networks.
- MVC - it is a Model-view-controller framework which Microsoft added to .NET. It allows software developers to build a Web application as a composition of three roles: Model, View and Controller. The latest version is MVC Core.
- AJAX - it is a set of extensions to .NET developed by Microsoft for implementing Ajax functionality. It is released under the Microsoft Public License.
- Silverlight - it is a programmable web browser plugin that enables features such as animation, vector graphics and audio-video playback that characterize rich Internet applications.
- WebMatrix - it is a Microsoft web development tool that includes everything you need for your website development. Start from open source web applications, built-in web templates or just start writing code yourself.
- LightSwitch - it is a simplified self-service development tool that enables you to build business applications quickly and easily.
- Visial Studio - it is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop console and graphical user interface applications along with Windows Forms applications, web sites, web applications, and web services in both native code together with managed code for all platforms supported by Microsoft Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework and Microsoft Silverlight. The latest version is Visual Studio 2017, which Community edition is free, fully-featured IDE for students, open-source and individual developers.
- SQL Server - it is a relational database management system (RDBMS) produced by Microsoft. Its primary query language is Transact-SQL, an implementation of the ANSI/ISO standard Structured Query Language (SQL) used by both Microsoft and Sybase. The most recent SQL version is SQL Server 2016.
- MS Access - it is a relational database management system from Microsoft which combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software development tools.